SUNDAY STRENGTH #6


I saw this picture on Twitter last week sometime and after seeing it, I couldn't get the image out of my head. I spent so many years of my life pretending I was happy and pretending I were someone else. I put on a front & a mask every single day but as soon as I was alone - I would crumble. The picture above shows my entire life up until June 2012 so perfectly. Although things are okay now & my life is completely different, I never ever forget how things were and how things still are for other people. I know that more than 50% of people that watch my videos, watch me because they can relate to my story. Although that makes me feel less alone & is extremely humbling, it also makes me so sad. I just wanted to reach out to all the people out there who are still suffering with depression, anxiety, an eating disorder, body image issues.. whatever - please just know that you don't need to hide away anymore. Stop pretending everything is fine and stop running away. If people can't handle you with your disorder, then thats okay, but you don't need to fake it for anyone. Imagine how much awareness we would all make if we started speaking about our problems? Imagine if I didn't? You don't need to pretend you are someone you're not. & you don't need to cover yourself with masks all the time - people eventually see through it anyway. Your problems don't define you & its okay not to be okay. SPEAK UP!! I get so many emails and messages from people saying they are being abused, they are being bullied but they can't tell anyone. Its so frustrating because I can't help all of you on a personal level & although I want to rescue you all, I can't :( I just hope you all find strength from somewhere to finally stand up for what's right and understand you're worth.

You will never find true peace if you keep covering up who you are.

Have an amazing week!
Share:

8 comments

  1. Amen! I'm going through a seriously rough time with ocd/anxiety and I'm sick of putting on a front for other people's benefit. You summed it up perfectly with 'its okay not to be okay'. Great post as always! Big love! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an inspirational post, I think it is important to acknowledge these things in order to come to terms with them xx

    www.lifeinthefashionlanee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your really an inspiration Gracie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your one of the reasons I am who I am today and how I see my future!
    Your an inspiration Gracie.


    Check out my blog
    http://georgiaevol.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again for the encouragement Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace you are my idol <3
    every time you give me more strength to face the world and show them who i'm for real
    thank you

    salma :xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having crippling panic and anxiety attacks this picture sums up my daily life since 2008, infact its not a life anymore its just an existence! Keep up the good work Gracie x

    ReplyDelete

rewardStyle: Homepage Feed

© Gracie Francesca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig