TIPS ON SAVING MONEY IN 2015





Christmas has come and gone & I think most of us over spend during the entire month of December. More hot chocolates, more dinner dates with friends & of course buying presents for loved ones. Its an expensive month isn't it? Today I'm going to share with you ways in which you can cut back & save this year,
1. Work out your outgoings V income. The biggest issue in over spending and being broke every month is spending more than what you have coming in. Work out exactly your income & then you can budget yourself with what you can spend each month. Phone bill, car insurance & food etc. If you need help in budgeting and calculating your outgoings V income, take a look at the Money Advice Service.

2. Stop living beyond your means. If you have £200 in your bank account, why are you about to buy  a £350 laptop, allowing yourself to go into your overdraft when it isn't an emergency? Stop pretending you have more money than you do.

3. Cut back on convenience food and eating out. When I look through my bank statements and see the amount of money I spend on eating out every month, I literally die a little inside. Eat at home with fresh, cheap produce, or cook and bring food out with you. Buying a £3.50 lunch meal everyday at work adds up to £24.50 a week, thats nearly £100 a month. Can you really afford that? Even if you can, do you really want to eat all that money? I didn't think so.

4. Sell unused/unwanted items on eBay or Depop. All that junk you have lying around is basically money. Sell it on and put the money you make to good use. De-cluttering is also a good way to see how much you spend on certain things that are unnecessary, shoes maybe? (Don't worry, I have about 10 pairs of black boots, ridiculous). 

5. Learn to say no. You don't need to buy that £100 face cream because its suddenly 25% off. You also don't need to go to Nobu tonight to celebrate your friends, aunties, cousins birthday - keep yo ass inside. Learn to say no if it benefits your finances. 

6. Cancel unused memberships. During 2014 I think I went to the gym twice - disgusting I know lol. Yet, I didn't cancel my membership until November. I literally wasted £400 because I was too lazy & unmotivated to a) go to the gym & b) cancel the damn membership. How many direct debits do you have leaving your account for stuff that you just don't use?

7. Pay with cash instead of card. If its in your hand, its physical and you can see just how much your spending. £30 in Topshop, £50 in Office & £15 in Nandos seems like nothing when you simply enter your pin or even worse - you pay contactless. Withdraw how much you want to spend whenever you leave the house so you can't over spend & go wild.

8. Check your bank balance each week. Whenever I check my balance, for some reason it stops me from splurging on stuff I don't need. If I can easily view how much money I have, it reminds me how hard I have worked. I don't want to play my hard earned cash on rubbish do I? I recommend internet banking for this. You can even have an app on your phone. I use Lloyds.

9. What do you want V what you actually need. Now do I need this £30 cleanser, or do I need £30 worth of food shopping? A girl gotta eat. Each time you pick up something you potentially want to buy, question whether it is in your 'want' list or you 'need' list. Be honest with yourself - it will benefit you in the long run,

10. Stop stressing. You're not the only one trying to cut back and save! Try and stick to these tips when you can and you will start to see reap the rewards.

Was this post helpful? Let me know in the comments below.
Share:

19 comments

  1. Love this, too many people are buying things they cannot afford to impress people they don't like! Just a vicious cycle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this post is so good :) I am like the worst person EVER with money. I worked out I spent £575 in two weeks.. on JUST FOOD. not even on a proper food shop.. I DIED A THOUSAND TIMES INSIDE.

    Now I am on the strictest budget. spending ban for life haha.

    Zoe Newlove | Beauty Blogger & MUA

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great tips! I'm going on a spending ban for a few months because I realised how much I was spending on things that weren't really necessary!
    Hannah x
    Hanniemc.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so helpful! One of my resolutions this year is to save more. Its also a good idea taking cash with you where ever youre going and leaving your bank card at home - no excuses!

    styleaked - Rayban giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. So helpful thank you!
    These tips will definitely stay with me whenever I want to buy something! Need and want are such different things yet sometimes we mistake want for need because it's pretty, last chance to buy or on sale...

    Jackie :)

    rosegoldstars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great advice that we all need especially as bloggers because we get so sucked into being superficial snd spending more to "look good" etc. thanks for this! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once you're around our age (early twenties) I feel whenever you meet up with friends the easiest thing to do is go out for dinner. This has to be one of my favourite things to do EVER but the amount I spend doing it is absolutely ridiculous. I need to cut down fo' sure :( X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these tips Gracie! The one I find most useful is checking my account regularly when you see how close you are to saving up for something then it makes it easier to keep saving. Another big thing is have saving goals to meet!

    Lots of Love,

    What Abby Loves xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely need to set up an ebay! Great tips x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tips! I definitely need to try some of these for 2015

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this.
    Great tips.
    latoyatake.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to take these points and actually use them. I'm going to try and really take note of spending (even with a shopping addiction) haha. Great post

    KMales

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! So informative :)
    http://charlottesophiaroberts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. great tips--thanks gracie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a fabulous post!! I wrote one very similar but with different ideas, anyone interested in saving money check it out http://louiseemitchell.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/money-saving-ideas-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great and useful tips, thank's Gracie, will try to keep these in mind !

    Charlie xx
    http://charlieleschroniques.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just what I needed to read, Its going to help me so much, Thank you X

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is insanely obvious, yet the kind of thing we all need constant reminding!
    I'm also gonna cut back on drinking, it infuriates me how much money I drink away!

    This year I'm looking more at days outs, experiences, things that I will cherish! Make some proper memories!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Saving money is very important. Making budget is the best way to save money. In terms of bank. I think bank provide best way to save money. The bank swift code lookup is a standard format of Bank Identifier Codes (BIC) and is used while transferring money between banks, especially for international wire transfers.

    ReplyDelete

rewardStyle: Homepage Feed

© Gracie Francesca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig