APPS EVERY BLOGGER NEEDS


Ive been in the blogging/vlogging world for 4 years now but only in the last year or so have I upped my game. A combination of getting a management team, the blogging world completely changing & of course, it becoming my full-time job has lead me to being more social savvy, prepared & of course, organised. The list goes on... 

So I thought I would share with you apps that I use as a blogger with the hope that it can help some of you, especially smaller bloggers who are still learning or bloggers like myself who are continuing to work things out many years later lol!

Blogger
I don't want to state the obvious but did you know Blogger has an app? You can edit posts, write posts & publish posts on the go. I only ever use it if I've noticed a spelling mistake when I'm away from my laptop and I need to correct it. Its perfect for that. 

Bloglovin'
Now, I don't actually use this app because I think its a bit rubbish tbh and I read posts on my iPAD if I'm on the go but I thought I'd mention it incase some of you didn't know there was a bloglovin app. You can follow blogs, read posts, discover bloggers and obviously check your own posts and follower count etc. I don't really think its necessary for me though.

Hootsuite
This app is basically my life. It schedules all my tweets for me and since I discovered it over a year ago, I haven't looked back. I schedule everything days, sometimes weeks in advance and this is the tool I use. Its never failed me and it costs around £7 a month which I think is SO cheap for what you get. I use the desktop version the most but for busy days when I've left the flat early and completely forgotten to schedule tweets, I sign into the app and get organised on my travels. I highly suggest use this tool if you're a blogger.

Youtube Studio
For my vloggers out there the Youtube Studio app will most definitely change your life. Its so much better for us than the actual Youtube app. You can easily reply to comments, view analytics & block people (lets be honest we all need an easy/simple way to do this on the go). I love replying to comments when I'm on the train as thats really the only free time I get to do so & thats the main reason I love this app. You can also edit the description box & unprivate/private videos.

VSCO CAM & Afterlight
For editing photos for Instagram and Twitter I suggest these two apps. VSCO CAM has incredible filters that look great for Instagram themes and Afterlight has a bit of everything. You can crop, filter, add borders, change the brightness and saturation etc & you can also add lights & texture etc. I love using both and I probably use them everyday. If you want a post on 'how I edit my Instagram photos' let me know?

Paypal
A lot of companies and brands will pay us through Paypal so its nice to be able to access our income and revenue whilst on the go. Most of my commission is paid through this so I like to be able to withdraw money I get and put it straight into my bank.

Docusign & Tinyscan
When I found these apps my mind was blown lol. A lot of us don't have printers or access to a scanner so when signing & sending documents things can get a little tricky.. Well, not anymore my loves. Docusign allows you to create a signature which then enables you to sign any document you are have received via an email. You can then save it & email it to whoever you need to. Isn't that just genius? Tinyscan works in the exact same way but it enables you to scan a document - a driving license for example, to someones email account and then the person receives it within minutes. These apps are definitely useful for the business side of blogging. They help me out a lot when signing brand deals & sponsored content.

I hope this post has helped some of you. Please let me know if you would like me to do more 'blogging tips' posts as I enjoy reading those myself..
Share:

15 comments

  1. This is so handy - I use some of them already, but never realised blogger has an app! Definitely something ill be loading as i type this!

    Love your material

    mwah xx

    www.yasbeyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew about the Youtube Studio! Perfect. Been looking for something to do that for ages!!
    x | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so great! Love and thanks for sharing :)

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm most intrigued by Docusign as it sounds like a lifesaver and something that would come in use when you least expect it to X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already have blogger and bloglovin but will install some of the others! x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still cant get my head around Bloglovin, gonna have to try the app and see if I can figure that one out haha! thanks for the advice :)
    Jo xxx

    freckkleface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been searching for an app like Hootsuite for a months! Great tips - thank you. Xx

    Olivia - www.cravemorebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate the bloglovin app with a passion! Will give the youtube one a go! x
    TrudyJohanna UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post and great picks. I use some of the apps for my blog, still getting used to things though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the blogging tips.

    http://lifeasacaribbeangirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the Bloglovin' app both on my iphone and ipad mini. I could never get into Hootsuite but your post makes me want to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I use majority of these apps! Although I think the blogger one is awful, Similarly, i only use it for the same reasons!

    Alice | Sheer Beautiful | Bloglovin' x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The scanner apps sound amazing!! I never really got into Hootsuite but Buffer does the same thing and I like the interface. I am similar to you and read blogs on my iPad if I am aware from my computer but Bloglovin' is the pain way I read posts - thanks for sharing :) xx

    www.thejulyjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree, I'm not a huge fan of the Bloglovin' app. I find it kind of unnecessary yet now and again I get emails saying I've got new followers on it and I'm wondering where they came from!

    Thanks for the advice, great post.

    www.aartificial.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yas! This is extremely informative, thank you! I would love to see how you edit your photos and I would love more blogging tips! You da best *DJ Khaled voice*!!!

    ReplyDelete

rewardStyle: Homepage Feed

© Gracie Francesca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig