IM OFF TO NYC.. ALONE!


New York is probably my favourite city.. ever. If I could live there for a few years I would. I love everything about it and whenever I go back, I feel at home. A few weeks ago I decided I needed a break, and if I want a break, I have to leave the country. Escapism, wanderlust & all that.

I hunted for flights and when I found some for £350, I instantly booked them. I decided I needed to go alone. I wanted to experience travelling by myself anyway, and in a city I feel so at home, it was the perfect opportunity. I have friends there who I plan to meet up with, but in all honestly, I'm looking forward to being able to do whatever I want, when I want. Sometimes we have to be a little selfish don't we?

I plan to see a show, walk for miles and have brunch in the most wonderful places. Spend too much money in Sephora, watch trashy shows when I can't sleep & wake up early to see the sunrise.

A few people have asked me if I'm scared, and the honest answer is, not at all. I genuinely cannot wait! I've been looking forward to this trip for a while and now that its here, I could wet myself with excitement.

Im going for five days, which I think is enough. Its my 4th time visiting NYC, so I won't be doing lots of touristy stuff. I fly tomorrow and my bags are all packed..

If you have any recommendations for things to do, places to see, food to eat, then feel free to comment below.

See you on the other side x



Share:

15 comments

  1. It sounds exciting! I think you really get to know yourself when you travel alone and it's a great way of getting some peace and quiet. Enjoy your holiday :) X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so exciting I'm very jealous - I hope you have a lovely time, we all need some alone time and where better place to do it than New York?!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh so excitinhg!!! I went to NY for the 1st time during Christmas last year and it was soooo beautiful! I can't wait to see the Travel Diary post for this trip! Love you Gracie! xx

    Autumn | A Fabulous Hippie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, you will feel so good about it when you look back too - have the best time!

    www.tinytwisst.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl! Have a fantastic time and do all you want to do x

    www.majeang.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to any big city all by myself but its a dream and I pretend to do this year too. Have a lovely trip! <3

    xo, Carla
    http://www.glossy-c.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I had the guts to do something like this! Hope you have a great time!!

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so proud of you, I think everyone should travel alone at least once. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited for you and I cannot wait to see pictures on instagram. Haven fun and be safe Gracie.x

    http://style-krush.blogspot.is/

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice! i wouldnt mind going alone either :D have fun!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in the works for planning my own solo trip to NYC. I've been abroad on my own but to an all inclusive beach holiday, but NYC is obviously different plus it will be my first time there! Will stay tuned for any tips you have! x
    Discoveries Of Self

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm excited for you. I hope you have a great vacation.

    http://lifeasacaribbeangirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. As a fellow lover of NYC I would highly recommend doing a couple things that might give you a deeper insight into its culture
    1. A Harlem Heritage tour.... Amazing guides a totally cool tours on themes like hip hop and civil rights.
    AlternativelyAlternatively theres a museum called the Tennement Museum which gives you a taste of old NYC. .... If all that doesn't appeal there's a place called Mikey Likes It ice cream in Alphabet City... The most delicious ice cream I've EVER had.... Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  14. New York is a great place to feel at home, I've lived here my whole life and still get lost or find places i have never been to lol. Have a safe trip enjoy yourself !!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sooo jelly! It's my actually my dream to go to NYC one day...

    thisissimplyme.com

    ReplyDelete

rewardStyle: Homepage Feed

© Gracie Francesca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig