SO HOW IS THERAPY GOING?




After being diagnosed with PSTD and an ED back in June 2016, I began weekly therapy sessions at The Recover Clinic. As you can imagine, its been one heck of a journey so far, and I thought it was about time I updated you. 

In the beginning I hated everything about therapy. Although I genuinely liked my therapist, I hated her for making me feel so vulnerable. So naked. So exposed. I avoided my sessions as much as possible. Initially I made excuses as to why I couldn't attend face to face (I'm busy. I'm ill. I'm dying) but when Emmy (my therapist) suggested Skype calls, I would switch off my phone or pretend I was sleeping lol. Even though my problems were affecting my life, I still wanted to run from them.

I guess I didn't trust Emmy enough to tell her what was happening, what I was feeling, what I was thinking. I'd opened up and trusted people before but it had always gone wrong so my guard was UP, all the way up. She was persistent though. I think she saw my potential even though I didn't and for that I'm so so thankful.

Emmy told me how important therapy was and that I needed to place some boundaries in the other aspects of my life so that I could prioritise and attend my sessions. She gave me the kick up the ass I needed and we began making some s e r i o u s progress.



I expected my treatment to be all about food and tracking my diet and being weighed and all of that kinda stuff, but I was pleasantly surprised. All my treatment consisted of was processing my trauma. In the beginning I didn't even know I had any, but by late September after finally letting Emmy in I had started to understand how horrendous some of my experiences had been. I was sad (still am), angry (still am), ashamed, embarrassed, vulnerable, emotional, traumatised, deflated and a gazillion other emotions too. Although Emmy could hold my emotional weight and ended our sessions on a positive note where I felt a little bit better & safe. I was extremely overwhelmed with processing all of my shit, as well as my new found knowledge that the world I had created for myself, was about to drastically change. Yes it was changing for the better, but either way I was scared.

You see, I had become accustomed to living with voices inside of my head. I had grown fond of being scared of certain foods and having a controlling disorder that was unkind and mean to me, but it was my friend (or so I thought). I genuinely believed it was normal to calorie count everything and punish myself with exercise or overeating or whatever else I knew I could abuse. I thought I was just *weird* and weak and that I needed to get my shit together. I thought locking my negative experiences in a box and hiding the key was beneficial and normal and it meant that I had overcome the affects of said experiences. Obviously.. I hadn't and I had the biggest wake up call.

I spoke to Emmy about everything. Even when I tried to hold back out of shame, she somehow got it out of me. I spoke about my Dad and my Mum and everyone else in my family. I told my biggest secrets and my most random fears. I cried and I cried and I cried. I cried so much that I didn't think I had any tears left. I became so consumed by my pain that I went into a deep, very dark shell that a part of me thought I'd never come out of. It was so bad that I had to take myself away from everything. Family, friends - even my career. I was confused as to why people I thought were friends, I no longer wanted to be around. I was suddenly very aware that my unwell mind had developed unwell relationships and I needed to find myself in order to carry on with treatment.

I changed my number and asked for space from everyone. I cut off toxic people and I created boundaries with people I loved but had issues of their own that I realised were affecting me. I took a full 3 days off work each week to practice self care and spend time at The Recover Clinic. I immersed myself in reading and colouring and writing. I watched my favourite shows, I went for walks and I nurtured teenage Grace through all the pain and trauma she was still suffering from. It was fucking hard - harder than I thought it would be. I was so low and so sad, but with each day I became stronger. Yes I was upset and lonely, but it was as if the tears were cleansing me, renewing me for a better life. I found solace in that.



Oversized Top - ASOS White (similar linked) | Raw Hem Jeans - ASOS
Slip On Trainers - ASOS (similar linked) | Celine Bag - Vestiaire


I had never been taught to trust myself, so during the really really bad days, I had to close my eyes and just imagine Emmy's face. Her voice, her words and her advice that became the basis of my recovery - 'be kinder to yourself', and that is what I go with every single day.  

My treatment so far has all been about empowerment and strength and developing an ability to realise my self worth can never be found in ANYTHING else, other than whats inside of me. Although thats something I've always known, its only recently I've really started to believe it. I speak to Emmy about my pain and my insecurities and I share with her things I will probably never tell anyone else - but I'm okay with that. I've found a bond with Emmy that I could only ever dream about. She really is my guardian angel.

Im in the anger stage now which I'm managing quite well. I'm not overwhelmed with shame or sadness anymore, I'm just a bit sensitive and vulnerable, but I know with that also comes strength. Its still difficult though and some days are harder than others. At the start of my journey I was desperate to reach the end but now I'm trying to just enjoy the ride - because I know this is where I'm going to learn the most.





My most recent session was a few days ago and it was horrendous. I cried a river of tears but I was okay and I now know that I always will be. I also now have a dietician - woohoo! I've pretty much offloaded and processed all of my trauma and I know I have a long way to go, but it feels SO good that I'm now in a place where I can tackle the food part of my eating disorder.

I don't know what the next phase of my treatment is entirely, but I trust the people helping me and that's all that matters.

Shop The Post


Share:

11 comments

  1. It sounds like your treatment at the Recover clinic is incredible. It must feel so relieving to realise that you're not alone and that there's traumas you can tackle to help with your PTSD. I'm so glad you're well on the road to recovery <3

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STOP CRYING AND SEARCHING FOR LOVE SPELL CASTERS ONLINE SEEK NO MORE FOR YOUR SOLUTION, RESTORE YOUR MARRIAGE AND RELATIONSHIP NOW WITH THE HELP OF DR OGUDU SPELL TEMPLE

      It all started last year May when my husband visited Switzerland for a Programme which lasted for two months, When my husband returned home i noticed some changes in hist character towards me and the kids, Everything i do to make him happy he gets irritated and nags at random, leaves home and comes back late, Sooner he seek for a vocation alone to Switzerland again which i granted thinking that will make him happy but to my greatest surprise i never knew that was the end of our marriage if not for Dr Ogudu the marriage savior, Sincerely i was so crushed when my Husband of 6 years left me and moved to Switzerland to be with another woman.The pains was just too much for me to bear that I couldn't just bear it anymore. So i had to reached out to the Internet for help until i found out that Dr. Ogudu was the real deal.. I had tried the whole lot I knew, and with your spells, blessings and extraordinary magical powers, you did all the work for me, which you have guaranteed me positive result in 48 hours, my Ex Husband came back to me and he was remorseful for the whole lot he has done And now my life is balanced and i am happy again. All thank to you sir you contact him via email and website now

      Email [OGUDUSPELLTEMPLE@YAHOO.COM]
      whatsapp number +2348106058254
      Website...http://oguduspelltemple.wixsite.com/drogudu
      JUSTICE FLORA HUSTON TEXAS 39


      STOP CRYING AND SEARCHING FOR LOVE SPELL CASTERS ONLINE SEEK NO MORE FOR YOUR SOLUTION, RESTORE YOUR MARRIAGE AND RELATIONSHIP NOW WITH THE HELP OF DR OGUDU SPELL TEMPLE

      It all started last year May when my husband visited Switzerland for a Programme which lasted for two months, When my husband returned home i noticed some changes in hist character towards me and the kids, Everything i do to make him happy he gets irritated and nags at random, leaves home and comes back late, Sooner he seek for a vocation alone to Switzerland again which i granted thinking that will make him happy but to my greatest surprise i never knew that was the end of our marriage if not for Dr Ogudu the marriage savior, Sincerely i was so crushed when my Husband of 6 years left me and moved to Switzerland to be with another woman.The pains was just too much for me to bear that I couldn't just bear it anymore. So i had to reached out to the Internet for help until i found out that Dr. Ogudu was the real deal.. I had tried the whole lot I knew, and with your spells, blessings and extraordinary magical powers, you did all the work for me, which you have guaranteed me positive result in 48 hours, my Ex Husband came back to me and he was remorseful for the whole lot he has done And now my life is balanced and i am happy again. All thank to you sir you contact him via email and website now

      Email [OGUDUSPELLTEMPLE@YAHOO.COM]
      whatsapp number +2348106058254
      Website...http://oguduspelltemple.wixsite.com/drogudu
      JUSTICE FLORA HUSTON TEXAS 39

      Delete
  2. I've been in therapy for a year and I also had no idea of the extend of trauma I had suffered as a young child, and how much responsibilties was put on my shoulders by people that where supposed to take care of me. Something that I'm struggeling with right now is talking to my family. I've been ignoring their phonecalls for more than a month already and even though it's better for me, as they've never really respected boundaries, it's still unsettling. I'm happy with the steps I am taking but the journey to recovery is long and sometimes very lonely. Good luck with everything Gracie, you're such an inspiration <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it's amazing how open you have been here, and it sounds like there's a lot to get through, but just taking each tiny step forward is heading in the right direction and you've got the help you need to get through it! Alice xxx

    www.woodenwindowsills.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you're doing really well and you are sounding so positive now. Let's hope that continues for you. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone, How to get ex lover back fast.
    My ex and I were friends for 8 years before we finally started dating. We really had a lot of fun together and I truly believe we can be great for eachother. Yet the timing just wasn't right. We dated for almost 2 years and during that time we both were in university and working so it was difficult to see eachother. And due to that we started fighting and eventually it led to him cheating on me because he was drunk at a party. We tried to move past it but in the end the distrust was too hard for us to keep moving forward and my anxiety caused him to break up with me. It has now been 3 months and we just started talking. He said he misses me and I told him I still have feelings for him but he said he isn't ready. What should I do? I needed help. As i was browsing through the internet i came across a website that suggested Dr.Unity can help get ex lover back fast and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and told him my problems and he told me what to do and i did it and he did a spell for me. 11 hours later, my boyfriend came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my boyfriend are living together happily again. Dr.Unity is the best online spell caster that is powerful and genuine. If you have any problem contact him and i guarantee you that he will help you. Here’s his contact: Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on whats-app: +2348071622464 ,His website: http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .

    Tracey ,England.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey doll - well done for opening up and being honest with yourself. I love that you are the road to a positive and self-loving journey x

    www.virgosandkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was in a serious relationship for about 3 years.
    We had a split up in March due to his Ex making threats to his children about me being no good and not to be with me.
    he broke up with me. I pleaded (Mistake) then started the NC rule. After almost a month he contacted me via friends phone and asked me if I was mad. he told me he missed me and loved me.
    We got back together and that lasted almost 2 months.
    Now in early february a similar situation happened again, but with my children. he broke it off again. I did the pleading again with no response from her. I started NC again.
    Friends of mine tell me that he’ll be back again. Through a friend he told them that he loved me & missed me, but to have patience, trust and not to worry.
    so i go in search online if i can get any help to save my relationship with my bf, so luckily i found a web site saying getting your ex back, fix your marriage, and restored broken relationship. so i contacted and gave a try on http://happyspelltemple.webs.com/ he promise and gave me his word that with-in 2 days i will have my relationship restored with my bf which he did as he promise i must say now that me and my bf and living happily together again also we are about to get married now all thanks to Dr happy he is indeed a real spell caster plz if you need any help like my do not hesitate to contact him on happylovespell2@gmail.com or add him on whats-app +2348133873774

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog I'm only a teenagerand I can barely deal with my emotions people say that I should do therapy or, see a psychiatrist but I just didn't know and also how did you create your blog because I was wondering of doing one similar to this

    ReplyDelete
  9. STOP CRYING AND SEARCHING FOR LOVE SPELL CASTERS ONLINE SEEK NO MORE FOR YOUR SOLUTION, RESTORE YOUR MARRIAGE AND RELATIONSHIP NOW WITH THE HELP OF DR OGUDU SPELL TEMPLE

    It all started last year May when my husband visited Switzerland for a Programme which lasted for two months, When my husband returned home i noticed some changes in hist character towards me and the kids, Everything i do to make him happy he gets irritated and nags at random, leaves home and comes back late, Sooner he seek for a vocation alone to Switzerland again which i granted thinking that will make him happy but to my greatest surprise i never knew that was the end of our marriage if not for Dr Ogudu the marriage savior, Sincerely i was so crushed when my Husband of 6 years left me and moved to Switzerland to be with another woman.The pains was just too much for me to bear that I couldn't just bear it anymore. So i had to reached out to the Internet for help until i found out that Dr. Ogudu was the real deal.. I had tried the whole lot I knew, and with your spells, blessings and extraordinary magical powers, you did all the work for me, which you have guaranteed me positive result in 48 hours, my Ex Husband came back to me and he was remorseful for the whole lot he has done And now my life is balanced and i am happy again. All thank to you sir you contact him via email and website now

    Email [OGUDUSPELLTEMPLE@YAHOO.COM]
    whatsapp number +2348106058254
    Website...http://oguduspelltemple.wixsite.com/drogudu
    JUSTICE FLORA HUSTON TEXAS 39

    ReplyDelete
  10. TRUSTED LENDER (LEXIELOANCOMPANY@YAHOO.COM)
    My name is Michael Lee a citizen of Illinois, USA. i have been scammed by 7 different Internet international lender, they all promise to give me a loan after making me pay several fees which yield nothing and amounted to no positive result. i lost my hard earn money and it was a total of 23930USD. One day as i was browsing through the internet with tears on my eye i came across a testimony of man who was also scammed and eventually got linked to a legit loan company called MARTINEZ LEXIE LOAN COMPANY where he finally got his loan, so i decided to contact the same loan company and then told them my story on how i have been scammed by 7 different lenders who did nothing but to course me more pain. I explain to the company by mail and all they told me was to cry no more because i will get my loan in their company and also i have made the right choice of contacting them. I filled the loan application form and proceeded with all that was requested of me and to my greatest surprise my loan was granted to me without further delay and here i am today happy because Martinez Lexie Loan Company HAS GIVEN ME A REASON TO LIVE, so i made a vow to my self that i will keep testifying on the internet on how i got my loan. You are to contact this GODSENT LENDER via Email: Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com OR Text +18168926958

    ReplyDelete

rewardStyle: Homepage Feed

© Gracie Francesca | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig